Forum » Diablo II modding » Diablo II hacking » The Guide of stun
The Guide of stun
SeaAngelDate: Wednesday, 2011-12-07, 3:39 PM | Message # 1
3D Modeling
Group: Administrators
Awards: 1
One of the last unexplained things in D2

1.What is Stun ?

Stun is the only Melee-barbskill that works on Att/hit. If you add it to your attacks you notice the following stuff :

if the percentage is too high the game crashes ( I )
our opponent looses large amounts of life of just 1 hit ( II )
if our opponent has high Thorns we are going to suicide ( III )
stun „procs“ any other skill on att/hit/when struck ( IV )
low smite + hpj Aura + Stun can 1 hit kill nearly anything ( V )

Explanations :

( I ) :
Stun repeats anything based on the % - 100% would mean an endless loop and therefore crashes

( II ):

it seems our smite is the thing thats repeated and therefore you could look at it as a massive „speed-boost“ ( <-which its not)

( III ):

Our opponent gets Mana because of his DTM but reflected dmg does not activate Dtm ->our Manapool gets empty and then we are going to die

( IV ):
another proof for the repitition of our smite attack

( V ):
Our Aura kills all the Mana then Prayer of our opponent drains a few 10k more...Bad Mana increses dmg and all the old stuff i mentioned 100 times before .

BUT !

This should not happen. As Dtm kicks in after each hit and gives us Mana based on life we lost
and after the first hit in the Bad range we should have Max Mana and a 1 hit kill is impossible ( low smite dmg ).

I tried to explain this effect with a DTM delay ( Dtm is too slow and is applied after stun did its stuff), but in meanwhile im not sure about this

My last tests showed me something i didnt know before :

I smited with about 220 dmg and hit a char with 27 Manapoints ( Tk 30 aka a Ratio of 8 ). I compared the life lost and noticed that it have been 9 hits – BUT the f****** Manashield was still active . I did a few more tests with the same results over and over again

STUN DOES NOT MOVE MANA- only the first hit does

so my conclusion is that its not the smite that is repeated, its the „life“-lost that are mulitplied with the effect of stun ( on a funky this will be X * 0 = 0 ).
"So we can not talk about an actual Speedboost "

If we take this as my new theory i could replace the DTM-delay with this new stuff... one hit with massive life lost is repeated and this results in a „ one-hit-KO“

Maybe someone of you has an idea on how to go on with this whole theory on Stun because i really want to know the „how“ and the „why“

Forum » Diablo II modding » Diablo II hacking » The Guide of stun
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: