Friday, 2024-05-03, 11:28 AM
Main Sign Up RSS
Welcome, Guest
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: SeaAngel  
Forum » Diablo II modding » Whist Mods » My improvements to the game code yet (By Whist)
My improvements to the game code yet
SeaAngelDate: Tuesday, 2012-04-10, 9:08 AM | Message # 1
3D Modeling
Group: Administrators
Awards: 1
To allow more customization in my mod, I had to code new functions which would allow more customization to hardcoded things, or simply make them easier to modify/expand.
This topic is a reference of all improvements I made to some code mechanics of the game to allow more customization with ease.

Automap Text:

You know, when you have the Automap on, there is a text appearing in the top right corner, telling you current area, difficulty, etc ...
In my mod, this code was totally replaced by a custom function. Now, the flexibility of this text is almost unlimited. I can choose the color of the text. I can choose the font used for the text. Also, I can have a different color/font for each lines.

I also made it display the difficulty in the three difficulties, not like in the non-modded game where the difficulty text was not showing up when in Normal.

I can add new lines with new informations as well. Current FPS/Ping, Mouse Coords, Player Coords, Pretty much what I want.
Mine currently displays, all in gold with a new font: Current Area, Difficulty (even in Normal), Mod version, Game Version, the Expansion text.

-----

Stat Screen:

I changed this one a lot. Many new possibilities for the stat screen in my mod smile
I have a function to display new stats or new texts, and a function to show new mouse-hover popups (like the chance to block popup)

I also made the remaining stat points always display, even when you have 0 points left.

So now, the remaining points box is always there, I can add new stats display to the screen, new popups at specific mouse-hover areas, etc ...

----

Chat Commands:

the original chat commands were built in a chain and were boring to expand in ASM. So I said fuck off and made my own new command chain. Now, it literally takes one minute to add a basic working chat command, and the amount of new commands is kind of unlimited. My mod actually has 21 new chat commands.

----

Automap Vectors:

Same as for chat commands. Boring to modify in ASM, and less possibilities. So I just replaced the vectors code. Now I can do pretty much what I want, like, change colors, display specific monsters (or all) on the automap, display specific missiles (or all) on automap, etc...
I even can display immunities or lifebars with the vectors.

----

NPC Functions

You know NPC menu buttons like... Talk, Trade, Hire, etc.. It was all hardcoded like hell. I fortunately managed to expand it and create my own Extra side menu, which allows me to add new NPC functions. The possibilities are now unlimited. Opening the cube, Opening the stash, Teleport the player to a location, Minigames, all of this is possible via NPC functions in the Whist Mod now.

Forum » Diablo II modding » Whist Mods » My improvements to the game code yet (By Whist)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: