Tuesday, 2024-04-16, 2:56 PM
Main Sign Up RSS
Welcome, Guest
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: SeaAngel  
Forum » Diablo II modding » Whist Mods » Spell Books! (By whist)
Spell Books!
SeaAngelDate: Tuesday, 2012-04-10, 9:09 AM | Message # 1
3D Modeling
Group: Administrators
Awards: 1
Again, a new concept topic. First, all characters can only wear one ring in the mod. The other unused ring slot will serve for this new concept.
I would name the new left ring slot to magic slot, or book slot/holder. chose what you want.
This magic slot will mostly benefits on two classes due to the adding of a new spell book concept. I have no ideas for other classes right now, but it will come soon.

Spell Books:

There are two types of spell books. One for the Necromancer and the other type for the Sorceress.
The book have to be equipped in the magic slot. The book, will be used first of all to improve your skills, but also to inscribe new spells in end-game.
Yes, in the last difficulty level, some bosses will drop a scroll with some of their powerful demonic spells inscribed. The scroll can be transmuted with your book to permanently inscribe the monster's spells in your book, to learn and use it. I also plan to make two or three scrolls sold by vendors, at high costs of course wink

The learned spells from scrolls won't be the same for both classes. If you inscribe your book with a necromancer, the skill will be different than if you inscribed it in a sorceress spell book. Also note that only them can inscribe in their class books. (example, you can't inscribe a book while you are a barbarian or a druid. If you are a necromancer, you can't inscribe in a sorceress book.) All classes have their secret techniques that they will not teach to other classes.

Note that spell levels of your book can't go over level 20. (max +20 per skills)
This means you can farm the scroll 20 times if you want, but more would be useless since the skill would be at it's max learning level at 20. They will still get bonus from +skill levels modifiers from skills/items, don't worry.

I don't know yet if learned skills will benefit from the +[class] skill levels modifier, but it is a possibility. For example, the sorceress spells learned from your book would increase of level if you have an item with +x to sorceress skill levels. We will see later. smile

Forum » Diablo II modding » Whist Mods » Spell Books! (By whist)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: